Contact:

simplykphoto@gmail.com
(801) 721.9519
By appt. only
North Houston, Texas Photography

Friday, May 8, 2009

Cathryn & Buttercup

I think this has been one of my favorite sessions. Cathryn let me do whatever I wanted to with her harp and her, we broke the law and we left a lot of boys broken hearted... well, she did at least. And yes, we did have an awkward clothing change situation in the HEB parking lot. :) I apologize, Cathryn, for laughing the entire day. I had WAY too much fun.

Cathryn is both beautiful and very photogenic. I think the pictures speak for themselves. But, I do have to tell you about this picture...
Photobucket
So, these poor boys were circling the parking lot when I was taking Cathryn's pictures against this red wall. They stopped in the middle of the aisle, blocking all traffic, and stared at her for a while. Cathryn muttered between smiles that they weren't leaving so I kindly put down my camera and gave them the "Excuse me..." look. They stuttered, "Oh, uh, you can keep taking your pictures. We were just watching you."

Okay, if that's not awkward enough. Then he says, "Hey, what is that?" Pointing to the harp. Cathryn kindly smiled and said, "Uh, it's a harp." He stared with his mouth open, "Really? It's so beautiful! I've never seen one up close." I was rolling my eyes by this time and Cathryn was as witty as ever, "Behold..." she said right as soon as I snapped the photo. Then I just started laughing as I realized the shot that I got. "Perfect!" I thought. Yeah, they still didn't leave for a while though until they had a lot of cars backed up behind them. Can't blame them though!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My favorite one...

Let me know what you think, and if you haven't figured out who Buttercup is, it's her harp. :)

9 comments:

Cathryn and Alex said...

AHHH! Hee hee hee....you are amazing Katie! My hair is funky but you really are amazing! The boys were not staring at me they were staring at the harp-but I'm glad you put that one up "BEHOLD!" Good times...I loved it and you are such a wonderful photographer-can't wait to see them all....

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!!

Cathryn and Alex said...

Ok so I had to leave another comment because I just showed alex. He loved all of them but he was like taken aghast when he saw the picture of just the Harp in the overhang thing by the lake. He was like, "OH my gosh how does she do that?" "How does she get the colors like that-its amazing!" Yeah it seriously is...gonna go post again on my blog about you! Hooray!
Love Me

Material Mary said...

Great photos Katie. Love them. Miss yo. Have a great day.
Mary

Kristen said...

Great photo shoot. You have a great, artistic eye for photography!

Jenna said...

I've spent some time with Cathryn (we went to Chicago together once), and you really captured exactly who she is in these photos. The colors in the one of the harp by itself are stunning. I've subscribed to your blog and I'll be following along from now on!

Amber said...

What can I say more than, YOU ARE A NATURAL. Katie, These shots are AMAZING!!!

Jenni and Eric said...

All I can say is BEAUTIFUL!

ajandersonguy said...

Katie look how good you're getting! You're pics are really looking amazing! Feel free to consult your fountain of Photoshop knowledge (me) if you ever need help with anything.